Completing the PD27 10% TWS Self-identification Form for Employers
Canadian Companies who have used or intend to use the Temporary Wage Subsidy (TWS) will need to complete a PD27 10% Temporary Wage Subsidy Self-Identification form for employers. The CRA will use this form to reconcile the TWS applied. You do not need to wait to file your T4 information return before submitting your PD27 form, and it is recommended that you complete and submit it before tax season. For more information on the PD27 10% Temporary Wage Subsidy Self-Identification form for employers, visit this page at Canada.ca.
Required Information for the PD27 form
- Total remuneration (gross pay) paid from March 18 to June 19, 2020
- Federal, provincial, or territorial income tax deducted from the remuneration paid
- Canada Pension Plan contributions (CPP), Employment Insurance premiums (EI) deducted from the remuneration paid.
- Total number of eligible employees employed from March 18 to June 19, 2020
Knit's PD27 Report
Our team has prepared a report to make completing the PD27 10% Temporary Wage Subsidy Self-identification form an easy process for employers & accountants. To access the PD27 report:
- Open Reports > Payroll Reports > Payroll Summary
- In the top right corner, above the year drop-down menu, select the orange PD27 CSV download.
- This will queue a CSV file download; a report will be generated with the following information:
- Gross Pay
- Income Tax deducted
- CPP & EI contributions
- Number of employees