Add an employee tax exemption
For various reasons, some of your employees may be tax exempt (for example, EI exemption for shareholders/owners who take a regular salary). You can easily set up these exemptions through Knit.
To add an employee tax exemption:
- Open the People tab and select the tax-exempt employee.
- Once you inside the employee profile, select the Compensation tab.
- Scroll down to Tax Options and select the green pencil Icon.
- You'll see an "Edit Tax Options" window. To make the employee CCP or EI exempt, simply select "Yes" from the drop-downs under the correct remittance (CPP Exempt or EI Exempt).
- Click "Save Changes"
- That's it! Knit will not longer apply CPP and/or EI source deductions for this employee!