Canadian Emergency Response Benefit - Info for Employees
Canada Emergency Response Benefit
If you have stopped working because of COVID-19, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) may provide you with temporary income support. The CERB provides $500 a week for up to 16 weeks.
Who is eligible?
The benefit will be available to workers:
- Who are at least 15 years old and reside in Canada
- Who have stopped working because of COVID-19
- Who have not voluntarily quit their job or are eligible for EI regular or sickness benefits;
- Who had income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application
- Who are or expect to be without employment or self-employment income for at least 14 consecutive days in the initial four-week period and for subsequent benefit periods, they expect to have no employment or self-employment income.
How to apply
The Canadian Emergency Response Benefit is made available to Canadians through Service Canada & the CRA. The CERB benefit application can be accessed at the bottom of this webpage on Service Canada's website.
Please read this page on Service Canada's website for more details & FAQ