When you run your payroll with Knit, you have the option to input your payroll details in an Excel spreadsheet. This feature lets you fill in your company's payroll data at your leisure (or share the spreadsheet with anyone else), and import it into Knit when you are ready to run payroll.
To Access the Excel Spreadsheet:
- Open Run Payroll -> Run Payroll, locate the payroll you wish to edit and select the three action dots on the right
- Select Export Payroll, this will prompt you to download an Excel file generated based on that specific paygroup and pay-cycle.
- Once the download is complete, open the excel file. Input the payroll data into the spreadsheet.
Things to keep in mind when inputting the payroll to the Excel file
- Do not leave any cells blank, enter 0s instead.
- Please do not add new employees to this spreadsheet. If you do need to add employees, proceed to make the changes on the platform and export a new payroll.
- If you need to make changes to an employee's pay rate or employment data, please make those changes before exporting a new payroll sheet.
- For employees who receive vacation pay on each paycheque, if their Vacation Pay amount on the excel file is blank, the system will calculate the appropriate amount on import.
- If you make changes to the excel file's formatting, the import will not work. Please input according to the units specified in each column heading. Do not change the order or hidden cells in the excel sheet.
When you are ready to run payroll:
- Open Run Payroll -> Run Payroll and select Import Payroll. Select the saved and completed excel file for this paygroup
- Once the spreadsheet is uploaded successfully, you will be directed to the Review Payroll screen
Article is closed for comments.