On October 16, 2023, the Government of Canada published the recent list of non-compliant employers with the TFWP or IMP and why employers may be found non-compliant.
Employers who hire temporary workers may be inspected to ensure they meet their employer responsibilities. If an employer is found non-compliant, they can receive either or both of the following:
- A monetary penalty and
- A ban from hiring temporary workers (these employers are ineligible to employ temporary workers for some time).
Three categories of violations in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations result in Administrative and Monetary Penalties and bans from the TFWP. These violations include:
- Those that would put the life or safety of a temporary foreign worker at risk;
- Failing to pay appropriate wages;
- Failing to provide safe working conditions and appropriate accommodations; violations related to COVID-19 and quarantine; and
- When temporary foreign workers are victims of some types of abuse.