For maternity leave please follow the instructions below:
Terminate the employee to enable the system to record the precise date of the employee's departure for maternity leave.
Issue a record of employment and complete all relevant fields, including "Other Monies." Choose the sub plan benefits even if no amount is necessary for this section.
Establish a Mat-top up income type utilizing the provided screenshot settings.
- Rehire the employee with no annual salary or a nil per hour rate.
- Configure the recurring maternity top up amount, and you're all set.
Issuing Record of Employment
Maternity Leave Notes
- Use Code F only when a person who is pregnant or has recently given birth is leaving the workplace to take maternity leave. It does not apply to adoptive parents or a parent who is not pregnant or has not recently given birth.
If the employee is pregnant and is experiencing an interruption of earnings first because of illness and then because of maternity leave, use Code D - Illness or injury, since you should use the code that applies first. In this case, there is no need to amend the ROE once the employee begins their maternity leave
If the employee is an adoptive parent or a parent to a newborn who has not recently given birth, see Code P- Parental
Custom Income Type
Here are the settings required for the Maternity Leave Top Up Income type:
1. Set the Income type as "Custom Income Type."
2. Choose "Amount" as the Payment Unit.
3. Do not record any hours.
4. Configure the Tax properties as follows: Taxable, Pensionable, Payable, and ensure "Yes" is selected for Included in Box 14.